Draft Turnaround Plan
Parent and Community Input and Feedback
Wimbish Elementary is in the second year of being identified as an Improvement Required school. State Law (HB 1842) requires that a campus turnaround plan be developed to be implemented in the 2016-2017 school year if the school does not meet state standards.
The Turnaround Plan has been developed and is in the Draft review process. Parents and community members are being offered the opportunity to provide feedback on the Draft Turnaround Plan. This input can be given electronically on the link below. Copies of the feedback form are also available in the school office.
Click on the link below to provide input on improving the school prior to the development of the plan:
Parent and Community Input on Wimbish Elementary Draft Turnaround Plan
Please feel free to call the school if you have questions – 682-867-6000.
AISD Parent Satisfaction Survey
The Arlington Independent School District is committed to providing a great place for students to learn and for parents to send their children for a quality education. Your responses to this survey are analyzed to determine what is working well in your child's school and any areas that may need improvement. Your input is important to us. This survey is anonymous and IP Addresses are not tracked.
Click here to take the survey
!Save the Date!
An Evening with the Arts
~ Thursday, May 19th~
To all our Family, Friends, Guardians,
We are excited to show off the amazing talent of our students. We are so proud of all their accomplishments! The performance will include the Choir, featuring 4th,5th and 6th graders, the Step Team, Featuring 5th and 6th graders, and 4th and 5th grade Recorder players. There will be Artwork from all grade levels that has been created through out the year displayed for your viewing enjoyment. The show will begin at 6:00 and end no later than 7:00. Another letter will b e sent out , as we get closer to May 19th. Please mark the event on your calendarrs, your students have been working very hard and would love to sing, step, play for you as well as show off their artwork as much or more than we would.
Thank you so much for your support and we hope to see you here!
Where: Wimbish Stage
When: May 19th at 6:00
Phillip Friend, Music and Choir Instructor
Michelle Guttman, Art Instructor and Step Coach.
2016 Viking Volleyball Camp
General Skills Camp:
Our general skills camp is available for students from 2nd-9th grades. The camp will cover the basic fundamentals of volleyball: passing, setting, serving, attacking and defense. We will also introduce serve receive, transition, offensive and defense systems.
Time: 9:00-11:30 AM; Monday, June 27-Thursday, June 30 (Thursday-Camp Tournament)
Features: Individual skill and court instruction: grouped by skill level, tournament play, daily camper awards, and camp T-shirt.
Cost: $80 Application deadline- Friday, June 19 Late Registration-add $10 (Make checks payable to: Heather Woodman)
Specialty Camp: Hitter & Setter
The Specialty camp is geared towards incoming 6th-9th graders.
- Beginning hitters will learn all basics of becoming a successful hitter including 3 and 4 step approach jumps, emphasis on arm swing, attacking from the front and back court, transition attacking and blocking.
- Advanced hitters will review the fundamentals and progress to one foot take offs, combinations, shot selections and tooling off of the block-all with an emphasis on ball control and power.
- Beginning setters will learn all basics of becoming a successful setter including footwork, hand position, setting all front court and back court sets, combinations, defense and transition.
- Advanced setters will review the fundamentals and progress to jump setting, spin setting, blocking, and dumping-all with an emphasis on combination plays and decision making.
- We will combine the setters and hitters every day of camp to improve the learning experience.
Time: 12:30-2:30 PM; Monday, June 27-Wednesday, June 29
Features: Individual skill and court instruction: grouped by skill level; daily camper awards and camp T-shirt.
Cost: $75 Application deadline-Friday, June 17 Late Registration-add $10
(Make checks payable to Heather Woodman)
Fill Out Application