Requirements and Criteria for Admission
Minimum Requirements to be eligible to apply to the STEM Academy
- Current AISD student or reside within the Arlington ISD boundaries
- Current 8th grader
- Maintain a semester average of 80 or better in all core classes
- Successful completion of Pre-AP Algebra I prior to the start of school or agree to take class a) over the summer or b) double block math during their 9th or 10th grade school year
Application (Choose one of the options below to complete the application)
- Complete application online on the "Application" page of this website
- Download and print a paper copy of the application
- or ask your AISD Junior High School Counselor for an application
- Teacher recommendations will be secured for each student on behalf of the student.
- The STEM Academy will send an electronic recommendation form to teachers to complete and submit electronically.
Interview and Assessment (if selected to advance to the interview process)
- Complete an individual interview
- Complete the On-Site Writing Assignment
Attend STEM Academy Summer Orientation (August 6-10, 2018)