The Arlington ISD Parent and Community Engagement Department will serve the AISD learning community by fostering relationships through engaging, educating and empowering the community to directly support student success.
The AISD will actively engage and partner with parents in the educational experience.
The Parent and Community Engagement department supports family engagement at all AISD campuses by:
- Providing opportunities for AISD parents to become equipped with the knowledge, training, and resources needed to assist with their child's academic growth through a variety of workshops and seminars
- Providing Professional Development opportunities for teachers and staff on best practices to effectively engage all AISD families
- Facilitating community partnerships to support student success
- Supporting Volunteerism at all AISD campuses through recruitment and training of volunteers and AISD staff
The AISD has …
- Created two committees of community members, staff, parents and business leaders to evaluate the district's family and community engagement
- Initiated research for providing online parent training and strategies to increase parent and community engagement
- Investigated systems for recruiting and tracking parent and volunteer participation