Congratulations to the following students for their outstanding work!
2016-2017 Texas Standards Performance Projects
- 1st Place : Daniel Green - Animal Research on The Leopards
- 2nd Place : Jordan Fuller – Animal Research on The Bald Eagle
- 3rd Place: HaAnh Do – Animal Research on Panda Bears
- 1st Place: Anh Truang – Trash Pollution Affecting Ocean Life
- 2nd Place: Courtney Nguyen – Rainwater Harvesting Model
- 3rd Place: Edson Marin – Best Soil Type Combination for Water Filtration
- 1st Place: Brandon Orellana and Anthony Vu – Cheffers Board Game
- 2nd Place: Jadon Johnson and Zachary Jones – Turtle Hunters Game
- 3rd Place: Paris Mosley and Jada Hicks – A Trip to Paris Board Game
- 1st Place: Klever Pereyra, Alicia Luviano, and Adam Ghabra – Math Around Town Board Game
- 1st Place: Samuel Gomez – The Rekt Room Business Proposal
- 2nd Place: Hieu Huynh – Russia’s Trip Blog from Culture Shock
- 3rd Place: Rene Gomez – Robotic Hand Using Force and Motion
AISD Prekindergarten Programs
McNutt Elementary offers both state-funded and paid prekindergarten programs for 4-year olds (on or before September 1). Half-day programs take place during the mornings (8:20-11:20 a.m.) and afternoons (12:35-3:35 p.m.). Full day-paid prekindergarten is available on a first-come, first-served basis and costs $263/month for the half-day program and $527. Click the link below for more information: click here
Strengthening Families Program
We will have an informational meeting March 29 in our cafeteria from 5:30-6:30 pm. Remaining meetings will be at 5:30-8:00 pm. Please see our Counselor for further information. Fliers can be downloaded from our Documents section located on left of the Home Page.
We will be repairing the deceleration lane serving the volunteer entrance over spring break. As such, this entrance will be closed for the duration. Our goal is to begin this work starting Friday after school.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
The school playgrounds will be locked after dismissal. During the last few weeks we have registered multiple injuries and incidents on our school playgrounds. The amount of students staying after school hours without adult supervision has increased and we have had many parents with complaints and concerns. Therefore, McNutt has been authorized by AISD to lock the area to ensure the safety of all our students.
Parents please do not instruct your children to wait for you at the playground. Dismissal is at 3:35 pm and all students are to be picked up or are to walk home.
Teacher and Support Staff of the Year
Teacher of the Year - Dagmar Cox
Teacher Assistant of the year - Gabriela Gonzalez
Support Staff of the Year - Blanca Hernández
Office Depot Give Back to School Program
McNutt Elementary is now participating in the Office Depot Give Back to School Program. Please give our school ID#70237297 when you make your purchase at Office Depot/Office Max. Our school will be credited 5% of qualifying purchases. This credit will help us make purchases for our school!