Food and Nutritional Services

AISD Food & Nutrition Services Most Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How does a student set up a meal account? 
    All students are issued an ID number which is used as the student account number for all meal programs. The school data clerk is responsible for assigning all ID numbers for students. The Food & Nutrition Services Department must have a student ID number to process free and reduced meal applications. 
  2. How do I get a refund on my student’s account? 
    If your child changes schools within the AISD, the balance will transfer with your child. If you move to another district, please contact the AISD Food & Nutrition Office at 682.867.7624 or fax a request to 817.459.7179. A check will be processed within two- four weeks and mailed. Refunds less than $10.00 can be made by the school cafeteria manager.    

  3. How can I make deposits into my child’s lunch account? 
    Money can be placed in lunch accounts by check or cash at the school. Credit or debit cards may be used by setting up an account at There is a convenience fee of $1.95 for each transaction regardless of the amount of the transaction. The credit card types accepted are Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards. Debit cards that have a Visa or MasterCard logo are also accepted. 

    If you are paying by check for more than one child, please send a note specifying how much money you would like to place on each child’s account. Please include the student name on the check and his/her ID number to help us ensure the money is credited to the right account.  We do not accept temporary checks.  Personal information must be printed by the bank.  Out of town checks are also not accepted.
  4. How can I find out what my child is purchasing in the cafeteria? 
    You can set up an account at to view your student’s meal purchases without cost or having to make a deposit. You will be able to see the date and transactions beginning with the date you set up an account at this web site for your child.  

  5. What if I need the cafeteria staff to help monitor my child with a food allergy that may result in a severe, life-threatening (anaphylactic) reaction? 
    If your child has a life threatening food allergy and you would like the cafeteria staff to help monitor the child, please print the form on the AISD Food & Nutrition Services web site, "Disability/Severe Food Allergy Request Form" and have it completed by a recognized medical authority. The federal government does not allow our meal program to modify diets without a statement from a physician, physician assistant or advanced practiced nurse. The cafeteria staff is not allowed to determine, revise or change a diet prescription or medical order.

  6. What is the policy for students without money or meal benefits? 
    All students will be allowed to charge two meals on their account. Charges will be taken out of any future payments. Cafeteria Managers will run a low balance notice weekly or more often if necessary for teachers to distribute to students. No tray will be taken from a student, therefore additional charges can occur. Cafeteria Managers are to work with the Principal to contact the parent and assist with students that are without money or lunch on a regular basis.  

    It is our goal that no child go without a meal; therefore, Food & Nutrition Services will provide a complimentary alternative consisting of a cheese sandwich and milk or a serving of vegetable, bread and milk. This courtesy meal will be provided at no cost to the student.

  7. Will my child receive change when giving money to the cafeteria staff for meals? 
    The student will be given the option to receive the change from a cash transaction or to put the change on his or her account. Students or parents may specify the money given to the cafeteria staff to be divided into other sibling's accounts. If money is requested to be divided into multiple student accounts, the staff will divide the money equally unless the parent or student specifies an amount for each student account. Receipts are provided for payments over $5.

  8. What if there is a check block on my child's account? 
    If there is a check block on your child's account please contact the FNS Accounting department at 682-867-7624.  We will not accept any checks, no matter who writes it, until the check block has been removed.  AISD uses a third party collecting agency when dealing with NSF checks.  For more information, please contact the FNS Accounting department.  

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877- 8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


If you have difficulty using this site, email the webmaster about inaccessible content. You may also file a formal grievance in accordance with district policies.